For Prospective New Members
Summed up, VLA is a group for people who want a dedicated group of people to boost with when required. We don't spend our whole lives boosting; most of us are not completionists. If you are looking to join a group who spend all day every day boosting, you have come to the wrong place. If on the other hand you want to join a friendly group of people who chat a lot but can always rely on each other to help boost whenever it's needed, then this is the group for you!
When new members approach us, we invite them to play a game or two with us, usually on one of our regular group tournaments for ease. This will allow us to get to know the person and see if we think they'll get on well in the group. Assuming this goes well, we'll them into the group on a provisional basis. This means that they are essentially on a 'trial run', and will be asked to leave if things don't work out. This is merely a formality so that the group stays as a happy, friendly place to chat, and so we don't end up with awkward situations or people bringing down the overall mood.
So, if you're interested in joining, you'll need to keep a few things on mind.
- A member of x360a, which is where the social group is based?
- Be happy to play or boost any of your games, even ones you have finished yourself?
- Be able to keep your games list up to date on the VLA site boosting lists?
- Be sociable? You will be expected to regularly check into the social group at x360a to post and chat.
- Be able to attend regular tournaments and gaming sessions if you have the game (usually ran weekly).
If you still think the group is for you, send a message to a Waggly Bean asking to be invited to the group.
Hopefully we'll be seeing you in future! :)
For Existing Members
We don't operate on strict rules - it is more like an understanding between the members. We tend to abide by the following guidelines:
- Games lists should be kept up to date by informing Dave everytime a new game is bought/sold - this is easily done by posting in the 'Got A New Boostable Game' thread in the social group.
- Everyone is happy to help anyone who needs it. If someone wants to boost a game that you already have 1000GS in, you still should be happy to help them in most cases.
- We prefer it if you don't sell most of your games, obviously so you can help in future.